COMSOL, Inc. is seeking an Applications Engineer with a specialty in Structural Mechanics to join its Boston office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in the finite element method, solid mechanics, and numerical methods. A background in any kind of nonlinear material modeling (elastoplasticity, viscoelasticity, hyperelasticity, viscoplasticity, etc…), contact modeling, or fatigue modeling is desirable, as well as any experience in multiphysics analysis.
- Provide personalized on-line product demonstrations of the COMSOL Multiphysics product suite to potential and existing customers in government, industry, and academia. In this role you will assist the Global Sales Team by providing technical information about how to use COMSOL Multiphysics to solve a variety of challenging scientific and engineering problems.
- Present webinars covering specialized modeling topics that are broadcast to general worldwide audience of COMSOL Multiphysics users and potential users. In this role you will work with the Technical Marketing Team to develop and present relevant technical material.
- Engage existing customers, via phone and on-line, in technical conversations to help them expand their usage of COMSOL Multiphysics.
- Provide technical support, via email and phone, by addressing technical questions, providing guidance, advice, and modelling assistance in a wide variety of application areas, particularly those involving heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid dynamics, acoustics, electromagnetics, and multiphysics modeling.
- Occasional travel to COMSOL events (Customer Visits, COMSOL Days, Workshops, Courses, and Conferences) to present the software and its usage to new and existing users. In this role you will be engaged in face-to-face technical conversations with COMSOL users.
- Service-minded, business-oriented, outgoing personality, adaptive and flexible.
- Willing to work with customers on a daily basis.
- Strong presentation skills, both in-person and on-line.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong technical skills in numerical analysis, physics, and COMSOL Multiphysics modeling.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office, with free access to gym.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modelling.
- 0-5% travel per month.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Applications Engineer: Structural Mechanics
||Burlington, MA, USA
Cover Letter and Resume
Optional Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Information
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Any information you
volunteer below is for compliance with government regulations and guidelines only.