COMSOL is always on the look-out for an engineer to join its sales team in Burlington, MA. As part of our team, you will use both your technical and interpersonal skills to help our customers understand how the COMSOL product line can address their needs. This position calls for a unique combination of engineering, business, sales and communication skills. We sell to many engineering and scientific teams throughout the Eastern half of the US and Canada. These range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies to national labs to academic research teams; their activities cover a wide span of engineering disciplines. The successful candidate will be able to grasp the potential customer's interdisciplinary technical issues, project goals and business cosntraints, and articulate a concise case for how COMSOL can help the prospect.
This is a small-office environment in a rapidly growing, diverse company. As such, you will be entrusted with a broad range of responsibilities, allowing for personal and professional growth.
- Expand sales of COMSOL Multiphysics software to engineers, managers, scientists, and academics
- Develop new and existing leads through phone calls and presentations
- Identify, nurture and develop potential sales accounts
- With the help of our Application Engineers, provide clear, simple pre-sales simulation examples to excite prospects and demonstrate our products
- Occasionally provide some pre- and post-sales technical support directly and through COMSOL’s support team
- Present COMSOL’s capabilities and its use at public seminars, customer-site presentations, on-line meetings and professional conferences
- Some travel required (~10%)
- Masters (preferred) or Ph.D. in engineering, physical sciences, or life sciences
- Extensive experience with finite element analysis and/or similar PDE-solving methods. Previous experience with COMSOL Multiphysics is preferable, but not required
- Excellent time-management skills – balancing multiple demands from many prospects
- Positive, upbeat, outgoing personality. Business acumen
- Excellent communications skills, in person, on the phone and in writing. Strong public speaking skills
- Significant previous technical sales experience or experience using commercial simulation tools in a professional environment outside of academia is preferable
- Current eligibility to work in the US
- Challenging problems in designing state-of-the-art engineering tools.
- Highly creative and qualified teams.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Countless opportunities to make a difference.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office.
COMSOL provides software solutions for multiphysics modeling. We are a fast growing high tech engineering software company with a proven track record and a vision as a future leader of the industry. The company was founded in July 1986 in Stockholm Sweden. We have grown to include offices in the USA (Boston, Los Angeles and Palo Alto), Brazil, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and The United Kingdom.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
||Sales Engineer - Technical Account Manager
||Burlington, MA, USA
Cover Letter and Resume
Optional Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Information
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Any information you
volunteer below is for compliance with government regulations and guidelines only.