Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

SolidWorks - geometry parametric sweep

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I am using the livelink for Solidworks to maintain the geometric relationships between COMSOL and SolidWorks. However, I would like to run a parametric sweep of one of the geometry parameters but I can not determine how to accomplish this task. I can change the parameter manually under "livelink for SolidWorks/Parameters in CAD package" and the model in COMSOL and SolidWorks both update.

In the parametric sweep box, there is no parameter available for me to select. Also, if I set the parameter in the global/parameters section (to make it available in the parametric sweep box), how to link this parameter to the parameter under the "solidworks/parameter" table.

I am using COMSOL 4.0a and SolidWorks 2010.

How can set up a model to vary a geometric parameter under the "livelink for solidworks/parameter" table?

also, I do not want to use Matlab right now. I already have a script where I am communicating with COMSOL for other items, but do not want to involve Matlab at this stage of the model.

Thank you,
Kevin

1 Reply Last Post 2010年10月10日 GMT-4 05:44
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月10日 GMT-4 05:44
Hi

the COMSOL parameter access the SolidWork "Equations".
In SolidWorks equation view define a parameter name = some length, then assign the dimension of your part to this parameter in the SW equation view.

Then go back to COMSOL there you can now define in the parameters defined in the SolidWorks Equation view (you might need to "update" the link)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi the COMSOL parameter access the SolidWork "Equations". In SolidWorks equation view define a parameter name = some length, then assign the dimension of your part to this parameter in the SW equation view. Then go back to COMSOL there you can now define in the parameters defined in the SolidWorks Equation view (you might need to "update" the link) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.