Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set the direction of an incident wave?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am a beginner in Comsol .I don't know how to set the direction of an incident wave and I am looking forward eagerly to someone who can help me.

In comsol 4.0a ,the default direction of the incident wave is expressed by "-temw.nx,-temw.ny".What do these symbols mean?If I want to re-set the direction, what format should I follow ?

Thank you very much!

4 Replies Last Post 2010年11月3日 GMT-4 02:43

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月8日 GMT-4 22:26
If you are using scattering boundary, then direction is represented by k. such as under menu for k, z=-1 means wave is propagating towards -ve Z direction and set x,y=0. you can have Ex=1 or Ey=1 for plane wave. I think this setting is a good start for you, and you can play along.

Irfan
If you are using scattering boundary, then direction is represented by k. such as under menu for k, z=-1 means wave is propagating towards -ve Z direction and set x,y=0. you can have Ex=1 or Ey=1 for plane wave. I think this setting is a good start for you, and you can play along. Irfan

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月31日 GMT-4 03:19

Thank you very much for your help!
Thank you very much for your help!

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月1日 GMT-4 15:45
Hello,

Can you please let me know how to set the beam at an angle to say x axis?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Hello, Can you please let me know how to set the beam at an angle to say x axis? Your help would be appreciated. Thank you

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年11月3日 GMT-4 02:43

Hello,

Can you please let me know how to set the beam at an angle to say x axis?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thank you
[/QUOTE
first, you can define a constant theta,in boudary condition,if in a 2D model,there are two blank positions in wave direction k, you write down k0_...*cos(theta) and k0-...*cos(theta),theta is the angle of incident wave, "..." is standed for diffirencent application mode.
[QUOTE] Hello, Can you please let me know how to set the beam at an angle to say x axis? Your help would be appreciated. Thank you [/QUOTE first, you can define a constant theta,in boudary condition,if in a 2D model,there are two blank positions in wave direction k, you write down k0_...*cos(theta) and k0-...*cos(theta),theta is the angle of incident wave, "..." is standed for diffirencent application mode.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.