Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help with free convection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi everyone

I'm quite new to comsol modelling, and here I've run into this problem trying to model a free convection in air
being a test model the geometry is simple, just a heated plate surrounded by air, which is subjected to a buoyancy force.
the problem is this error message" failed to evaluate expression" every time I try to solve it using constant damping, but when I try automatic damping it cannot converge, maybe I linked the two physics wrong?
I've attached my model here, would be much much appreciated if anyone would look into it and tell me what's wrong..

best regards
Eric

0 Replies Last Post 2010年10月22日 GMT-4 23:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Luo Shi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.