Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to extract out the maximum value in a domain?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am working on a structural mechanics problem. I modeled a contact pair. However, I just care about the maximum principal stress in one geometry/domain. How can I extract out this maximum value. I know you can fairly easy get the maximum value of all domains from the volume plot. But how to separate one domain out and plot it?

Thanks
Qiulin

3 Replies Last Post 2010年10月24日 GMT-4 15:58
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月23日 GMT-4 04:10
Hi

in V4 you have different operators to extract maxima, in 3.5 you often need to use matlab.

To select one particular domain you can multiply your operant by a bolean

my_integration_equation*(dom==3)

for domain identifier = "3"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi in V4 you have different operators to extract maxima, in 3.5 you often need to use matlab. To select one particular domain you can multiply your operant by a bolean my_integration_equation*(dom==3) for domain identifier = "3" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月24日 GMT-4 13:08
Hi Ivar,

Thank you very much for your help.

Can you explain more? I am a new user of COMSOL. Where are the related buttons and how to set them up? I just want to plot one domain and see the highest value in it.

Thanks again.

Qiulin
Hi Ivar, Thank you very much for your help. Can you explain more? I am a new user of COMSOL. Where are the related buttons and how to set them up? I just want to plot one domain and see the highest value in it. Thanks again. Qiulin

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月24日 GMT-4 15:58
Hi

I can really only suggest then to go carefully through the exercices set up in the doc, it takes some time to catch the subtilities of COMSOL, exercicing is really the best way to catch it, and start very simple, then later only, add physics and take the "complex cases" Try to take shool bok examples that you can verify analytically, and look at the equations COMSOL is using (see equation view on in the preferences)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I can really only suggest then to go carefully through the exercices set up in the doc, it takes some time to catch the subtilities of COMSOL, exercicing is really the best way to catch it, and start very simple, then later only, add physics and take the "complex cases" Try to take shool bok examples that you can verify analytically, and look at the equations COMSOL is using (see equation view on in the preferences) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.