Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Dynamic Pressure Inlet (turbulent flow)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a question regarding a dynamic pressure inlet.
I have a large 3D model with several pressure inlets and one pressure outlet.

Some Informations:
- Comsol 4.0a
- Incompressible turbulent flow
- medium: air

Now I want to have dynamic pressure inlets, which also take Bernoulli (-1/2*rho*v^2) into account. Due to the fact, that I have several inlets the pressure gradients from each inlet to the outlet will change and therefore the velocity field.
I can run this model with a static pressure in- and outlet, which works pretty well. However it is impossible (not converging), when I implement a dynamic pressure inlet.

I tried the following thing:
- an integration variable for each inlet, e.g. v_mean = intop1(-w^2)/intop1(1) (depending on the inlet direction) in order to calculate the average velocity....
- inlet variable: p_in = p(static) - 1/2*rho*v_mean^2

It is for some reasons not working.
What is wrong, or are there any other possiblities to set a dynamic pressure inlet?

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,
Daniel

1 Reply Last Post 2017年8月21日 GMT-4 10:10
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Daniel Uhlmann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年8月21日 GMT-4 10:10
Updated: 7 years ago 2017年8月22日 GMT-4 12:36
Hello Daniel,

Did you get any more information about your problem, i would like to also apply dynamic pressure on my model.

Thank you
Hello Daniel, Did you get any more information about your problem, i would like to also apply dynamic pressure on my model. Thank you

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.