Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

To stop a transient at a fixed value of temperature

Giovanni Giansiracusa

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,
I am not so expert with COMSOL (i can do only simple procedures). I have a "easy" heat transfer problem: two horizontal layers:
-the bottom one is where the heat generation occurs;
-the upper one is the thermal insulant.
The boundary conditions are fixed as:
-natural convection with air on the top surface
-thermal insulation on the others.

The solution is acceptable and quite realistic.
My question is: how can I stop the transient computation once a fixed temperature is reached in a certain point of the domain? (I want to stop the calculation at the time in which 400 °C are reached in the bottom component) Is there an automatic way? It is not so smart to perform the analysis for much time and to check manually the exact time.

Thank you

2 Replies Last Post 2016年11月13日 GMT-5 15:25
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 7 years ago 2016年11月8日 GMT-5 11:06
Hello Giovanni,
This can be achieved using a "stop condition". See Reference Manual, version 5.2a, especially pages 1089 and following. All manuals can be accessed through File > Help > Documentation.
Best regards,
Jeff
Hello Giovanni, This can be achieved using a "stop condition". See Reference Manual, version 5.2a, especially pages 1089 and following. All manuals can be accessed through File > Help > Documentation. Best regards, Jeff

Giovanni Giansiracusa

Posted: 7 years ago 2016年11月13日 GMT-5 15:25
Thanks to your suggestion, now it is ok.
Thanks to your suggestion, now it is ok.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.