Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

meshing-specific domain separation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!
I have some trouble with a model in which some domains are subdivided based on a parameter. This is necessary to create a nice mesh. However, when I change this parameter some of the subdomains have changed material properties and so on. Disabling the separating elements, building, reenabling, rebuilding, and then meshing works as a way to circumvent this. Part of my assignment is to build an application of this model, and I do not know if it's possible to do something similar automatically. All of the methods of domain separation I've tried so far resulted in the same issues.

Is it possible to create geometric separations of domains that are only considered for the meshing? Such a feature would be quite useful when meshing manually as complete domain separation requires the user to select the same boundary conditions and properties for each subdomain - in my case there would be 3 main domains and n*4*4+1 subdomains, where n is usually in the range 5-15.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年12月14日 GMT-5 10:56
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gusten Isfeldt

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.