Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Stuck in calculation of Force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I downloaded a model that "Permanent Magnet Application ID: 78" and it's reated by COMSOL engineers. They used a compose model to decrease the computational time of the whole system. When I change the symmetry axis of the model, I'm able to obtain almost same force on the rod according to symmetry ratio that I applied. However, when I remove out the "compose" property and analyze the whole system once again, the obtained force is non-stable depending on block size(air) of the model. The obtained force should have been around 6.11 N but it's changing in the range of 3-8.3 (N) according to analysis result. Thus, could you please tell me what the point i missed and how to solve. And also, could you share the solved problem for whole system not for (1/4 model) ?

All the best

0 Replies Last Post 2017年1月7日 GMT-5 15:44
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yusuf Kahraman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.