Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Making interior fan works

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to make the interior fan boundary condition work on version 5.2a.
To do that I am building a simple rectangular model in 2D using Turbulent flow k-e.

My model consists of a rectangle to model a pipe in 2D with an inlet on the left BC with no initial flow (Uo = 0 m/s) flow and an outlet on the right BC. Now, I am drawing a vertical line halfway through the rectangle from the top BC to the bottom BC. I want to make this line an interior fan in order to create flow as if they were a turbine.

When trying to solve the model using using a default stationary solver, the error "the relative residual is greater than the relative tolerance" appears.
My guess is that there is something wrong with the way the geometry is set up.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年1月9日 GMT-5 11:47
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alexandre Mangot

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.