Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem with re-specifying periodic BCs on re-drawn model (Bug workaround?)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

When I modify my model by redrawing the geometry, with the result having fewer total vertices than the previous version, I run into a problem when re-specifying the periodic boundary conditions.

In particular, the periodic BC dialog box remembers the vertex numbers from the first version of the geometry. When some of these retained vertices have number-labels larger than the new total number of vertices, I get an error:

Error: 9040
Fatal error.
- Type: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

The catch-22 is that it wont let me remove the out-of-bounds vertex numbers because there are too many of them for the Javascript routine to work with.

Any pointers on how to avoid this? My sub-domain and other settings are rather elaborate, and I would really not have to re-jigger them every time I tweak the geometry. (For context, I am solving Schroedinger's equation on 3D in semiconductor nanostructures that are periodic in 2D, finding the Bloch states.)

1 Reply Last Post 2009年7月13日 GMT-4 02:10
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年7月13日 GMT-4 02:10
Hello

Those kind of behaviour are typically the problems I document more and send as example to COMSOL Support. I havn't notice your particular one, but I have had a few "bugs", but really not many for the complexity of this software.

COMSOL support people have alwas given me rapid replies, and / or work-arounds

As a general remark, send your model(s) with sequence explanations what you are doing, use screen Snipping" to explain

Good luck
Hello Those kind of behaviour are typically the problems I document more and send as example to COMSOL Support. I havn't notice your particular one, but I have had a few "bugs", but really not many for the complexity of this software. COMSOL support people have alwas given me rapid replies, and / or work-arounds As a general remark, send your model(s) with sequence explanations what you are doing, use screen Snipping" to explain Good luck

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.