Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezo electric multiphysics simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, I am trying to model a piezo actuator deforming steel membrane using piezoelectric and structural physics domains. My model has piezo ring and a steel membrane. I have a piezo electric effect under my Multiphysics tab and when I try to solve this I end up in some deflection but when I have same piezo electric effect added twice under my Multiphysics my result doubles and increases further with adding more piezo electric effect I am not really sure on how this should result in the output.

1. Should I be using 1 or 2 piezo electric effects in Multiphysics? Would this depend on the number of piezo used in the model

2. When I apply a voltage the voltage profile on the piezo is not uniform and seems to be distorted. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks and Regards,
Anand T

0 Replies Last Post 2017年2月8日 GMT-5 04:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anand T

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.