Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

user-defined solver in COMSOL

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Can I program my own solver and use it with the COMSOL API?

1 Reply Last Post 2017年2月14日 GMT-5 02:51
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月14日 GMT-5 02:51
Hi Jesus

It depends on how good you are at programming!

Using the Comsol API you can extract the system matrices for a given system (stiffness matrix, load vector etc.). You can use you own solvers for solving the problem.

If you have LiveLink for Matlab you can use the function mphmatrix to extract the matrices you need.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark

Can I program my own solver and use it with the COMSOL API?

Hi Jesus It depends on how good you are at programming! Using the Comsol API you can extract the system matrices for a given system (stiffness matrix, load vector etc.). You can use you own solvers for solving the problem. If you have LiveLink for Matlab you can use the function mphmatrix to extract the matrices you need. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark [QUOTE] Can I program my own solver and use it with the COMSOL API? [/QUOTE]

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.