Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Increasing the cycle number for Lithium ion capacity fade simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
My name is Frank and I am graduate student new to using the Comsol software. I am currently having issues increasing the cycle number from 2000 cycles up to 4000 cycles for capacity fade of a Lithium ion battery, and would love to find any assistance at all I can get.

I am currently running a capacity fade simulation for 2000 cycles and have obtained my initial results.

I tried increasing the cycle number from 2000 cycles to 4000 cycles by editing the capacity fade parameter and changing the no of cycles from 2000 cycles to 4000 cycles, having a closer look at my graph for this number of cycles, I noticed an error in the result, the Relative capacity does not start from an initial 1C, but starts from 0.86C which cannot be correct.

Please find attached a comparison of my results for 2000 cycles and 4000 cycles.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年3月8日 GMT-5 18:02
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Frank Ajieh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.