Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Long wire simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm very new to COMSOL Multiphysics 5.2a
I would like to create long (5 m) and thin ( d = 30 micrometers) tungsten wire sagging in the gravitational field, having electric potential 1800 V with fixed ends.
Moreover, this wire is surrounded by long tube of the same length with inner diameter 9.8 mm and outer 10 mm, which is grounded and has fixed ends as well.
Between wire and tube should be air.
So there is some electric field between wire and tube.
Sagging of the wire due to gravity causes breaking of symmetry of the electric field and this deformed field deflects wire even more.
I would like to calculate displacement of the wire and tube in such feedback model with crossed electric and gravity fields.
I suspect have to use prescribed mesh displacement (maybe no!) but details still unknown.

Any help would be appreciate!

Best regards,
Borys

0 Replies Last Post 2017年3月14日 GMT-4 07:12
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Borys Knysh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.