Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Lamb waves and dipersion curves in plates

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

i'm trying to solve the paper of pablo Gomez about Lamb Waves and Dispersion Curves in Plates. I made the first part of this work, but i didn't know how can i do the rest. Especially how could i make a fourier transform (FFT) of the displacement to get the frequency - k(wave number) or frequency - group_velocity representations?
I read in many papers that the lonly way to do this, is to write a matlab code .. but i really dont have no idea how it works.
In Comsol version 5.2 there already a study step : time to frequency fft , i try it but still i dont know how can i plot the dispersions curves of lamb waves!
it would be very nice if someone had an expereince with the same subject and can help me to solve this paper.

Best Regards
Mahir

0 Replies Last Post 2017年3月29日 GMT-4 11:11
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abdel Amazigh

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.