Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Plate length for external forced convection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have made a model of a thermoelectric generator with a copper heat spreader above and below the device. To test this device for wearable applications, there is a block of skin below the bottom spreader.

To model airflow, I selected convective heat flux (found in heat transfer in solids), with external forced convection. I then selected 'Plate, averaged transfer coefficient'. I had no problem determining the values for fluid velocity, absolute pressure, and external temperature. However, there is another parameter, 'Plate Length', that I am unsure about. I cannot find enough information about this parameter and do not know what to set this too. I currently have it set to the device length, does that sound correct?

0 Replies Last Post 2017年4月26日 GMT-4 16:44
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Rose Freeman

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.