Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Non-symmetric electrical field/potential given symmetric model?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I'm a beginner so please bear with me!

I'm trying to simulate an electric field within a symmetric model, but my field keeps coming up as not symmetric. It's a base with an initial voltage connected to 5 pillars that have the other end at ground. But, the field and potential are only displayed on a single pillar. The initial voltage on the base is 1v, and the initial voltage on the pillars is 0v, and the pillars are equally spaced. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0 Replies Last Post 2017年5月10日 GMT-4 12:10
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jesse Fine

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.