Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Animation with deformed structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I succeeded to make Animation of changing displacement.

However, It doesn't contains displacement deformation.
So the animation contains rainbow color change only.

How can I express deformation in animation.

Thank you~~

4 Replies Last Post 2017年7月10日 GMT+8 02:29
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月23日 GMT+8 14:48
Hi
did you turn on the deformation for your surface plot (right click Add Defomrations ?

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi did you turn on the deformation for your surface plot (right click Add Defomrations ? -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月23日 GMT+8 16:07
Hi,

Right. I did it.
I turned on deformation on surface.

What I did is that

left click deformation-> push 'player button' on the top-right

->player1 occurs in 'Report' and its graphic is deformed.

-> right click 'Report' and select 'Animation'

-> no deformation occur in Animation

Did I do wrong?

Thank you
Hi, Right. I did it. I turned on deformation on surface. What I did is that left click deformation-> push 'player button' on the top-right ->player1 occurs in 'Report' and its graphic is deformed. -> right click 'Report' and select 'Animation' -> no deformation occur in Animation Did I do wrong? Thank you

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年2月23日 GMT+8 16:13
Hi

I do not know ;)

I just tried, it worked but probably I'm using a different example ?
Do you have latest patch/update ? Not sure it's related

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I do not know ;) I just tried, it worked but probably I'm using a different example ? Do you have latest patch/update ? Not sure it's related -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年7月10日 GMT+8 02:29
I checked your Comsol model, unfortunately, the animation with deformation can display with solid.disp, not with other output like solid.mises
I checked your Comsol model, unfortunately, the animation with deformation can display with solid.disp, not with other output like solid.mises

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.