Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to set Acoustic Source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!

I have a question on the Acoustics module in Comsol, regarding how to set a monopole acoustic source.

I have a point acoustic source characterized by a modulated sin wave:

In Matlab coding,

y=-sin(2.*pi.*Freq.*Ts).*hanning(length(Ts))'

Here, the acoustic source is described in terms of particle displacement, y.

However, I understand that in Comsol, to set a point source, we are supposed to go to Physics > Point settings > Pressure acoustics, and select the type of source as flow, intensity and power.

My question is, how do we convert the description of the point source from displacement to a description in terms of either flow, intensity or power?

Thanks!

8 Replies Last Post 2014年7月31日 GMT-4 03:13

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月9日 GMT-5 16:48
Hi I have same problem. Did you find any solution for that? Please let me know.

Thanks
Aram
Hi I have same problem. Did you find any solution for that? Please let me know. Thanks Aram

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年10月14日 GMT-4 02:13
Hi,

I have the same problem as you had faced. Will you please tell me, how did you solve it ?

Thanks in advance,

Kiran
Hi, I have the same problem as you had faced. Will you please tell me, how did you solve it ? Thanks in advance, Kiran

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年1月26日 GMT-5 18:06

Hi!

I have a question on the Acoustics module in Comsol, regarding how to set a monopole acoustic source.

I have a point acoustic source characterized by a modulated sin wave:

In Matlab coding,

y=-sin(2.*pi.*Freq.*Ts).*hanning(length(Ts))'

Here, the acoustic source is described in terms of particle displacement, y.

However, I understand that in Comsol, to set a point source, we are supposed to go to Physics > Point settings > Pressure acoustics, and select the type of source as flow, intensity and power.

My question is, how do we convert the description of the point source from displacement to a description in terms of either flow, intensity or power?

Thanks!

Hi.

Have you figured out how to do yet? Thanks~
[QUOTE] Hi! I have a question on the Acoustics module in Comsol, regarding how to set a monopole acoustic source. I have a point acoustic source characterized by a modulated sin wave: In Matlab coding, y=-sin(2.*pi.*Freq.*Ts).*hanning(length(Ts))' Here, the acoustic source is described in terms of particle displacement, y. However, I understand that in Comsol, to set a point source, we are supposed to go to Physics > Point settings > Pressure acoustics, and select the type of source as flow, intensity and power. My question is, how do we convert the description of the point source from displacement to a description in terms of either flow, intensity or power? Thanks! [/QUOTE] Hi. Have you figured out how to do yet? Thanks~

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年6月4日 GMT-4 22:54
i have the similar question for setting the dipole source
i have the similar question for setting the dipole source

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月8日 GMT-4 17:24
Hi,

Have you figured out the problem yet?

Thanks
Hi, Have you figured out the problem yet? Thanks

Mads Herring Jensen COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年9月13日 GMT-4 04:54
Hi all

When entering a flow point source in the frequency domain, the source amplitude S has the dimension m^3/s. In order to set the "radial displacement" U0 of the source you can enter S = U0*acpr.iomega*4*pi.

Best regards
Mads

Hi all When entering a flow point source in the frequency domain, the source amplitude S has the dimension m^3/s. In order to set the "radial displacement" U0 of the source you can enter S = U0*acpr.iomega*4*pi. Best regards Mads

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012年2月4日 GMT-5 04:09
I too have a problem in something related to the above discussion. If anyone can explain how COMSOL solves the point source problems. The documentation doesn't explain much..
I too have a problem in something related to the above discussion. If anyone can explain how COMSOL solves the point source problems. The documentation doesn't explain much..

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年7月31日 GMT-4 03:13
Then how I can set Q in the monopole source whose dimension is 1/s^2 in 2D.
Then how I can set Q in the monopole source whose dimension is 1/s^2 in 2D.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.