Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adjacent thin layers for electrical currents

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I am currently simulating the eletrical current flow through two adjacent domains (with different materials) with the AC/DC module. To the boundary between these two domains I have applied a contact impedance.
Now I would like to define a thin layer directly adjacent to one side of this boundary with a high conductivity for a current flow parallel to the boundary.
Currently I am doing this by adding a third thin domain. Since I dont need to resolve this layer I would like to use the thin layer feature of COMSOL for this.
However, I am not sure if and how it is possible to have two adjacent thin layers. If it is possible it would improve my computation time quite drastically, I think.

Any help on this topic would be highly appreciated

Best regards,
Christian

0 Replies Last Post 2017年7月7日 GMT-4 04:25
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Christian Kruse

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.