Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Calculate Resistance of a material surrounded by a metal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have some doubts.
>> If we have a material (suppose ZnO) and both sides metal (suppose Al). So how can i calculate the resistance for that material. When i have tried i found some problems like for ZnO (Tangent coefficient of thermal expansion, isotropic tangent coefficient of thermal expansion, electrical conductivity, relative permittivity).
>> and can we see the 2D plot of that calculated resistance with temperature (Like 0degC to 80degC).
I have taken help from following link, but it didn't help me for my model wizard. (www.comsol.co.in/model/computing-the-resistance-of-a-wire-12697)
I have attached a simple 3d structure of my model.
Please help me to perform this task.

1 Reply Last Post 2017年7月7日 GMT-4 10:35
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年7月7日 GMT-4 10:35
If you enter the electrical resistivity and permittivity the model will run.

If you DON'T know these- well, you will have to get them from measurement or from the literature.

COMSOL has a great many material parameters included but not all. ZnO will be particularly complicated because (1) it is a semiconductor and (2) it is usually polycrystalline making its bulk properties dependent on grain size and (3) it might have defects that depend on processing.

D.W. Greve
DWGreve Consulting
If you enter the electrical resistivity and permittivity the model will run. If you DON'T know these- well, you will have to get them from measurement or from the literature. COMSOL has a great many material parameters included but not all. ZnO will be particularly complicated because (1) it is a semiconductor and (2) it is usually polycrystalline making its bulk properties dependent on grain size and (3) it might have defects that depend on processing. D.W. Greve DWGreve Consulting

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.