Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Step function problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am preheating a piece of composite materiel for 42 sec using a laser beam and then I stop the radiation flux and let the piece cool down by itself.
I'm modelising the processus using a 2D model on Comsol multiphysics by drawing a rectangle and applying on 1 edge a heat flux. The heat flux is therefore defined by a step function going from a value of 40 Kw/m2 to 0 at 42 sec.
The problem is when I draw a graph representing the tempererature evolution as a function of time at the middle point of this edge, I got an ascendant line that reach its maximum at 39sec (not at 42 sec as expected) !!
The probleme still happens even if I shut down the laser beam at 40sec, 41 sec.
And the surprising part is that when I shut down the laser at 37sec,38sec or 39sec , The piece will keep heating for 35 sec before starting to cool down !!
Please help

0 Replies Last Post 2017年7月13日 GMT-4 04:14
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Charbel Alhachach

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.