Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Boundary condition across a domain

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,
I am solving a system of two general PDEs, each defined on a different domain. I would like to impose a boundary condition relating normal derivatives across the interface of the two domains. How would I do this in COMSOL?

This is similar to trying to solve the Poisson equation with two different dielectrics where the displacement field has to be continuous across the interface. Is there a way I could see how is it implemented in COMSOL in the AC/DC module?

Thank you for help,
Marcin

1 Reply Last Post 2017年7月31日 GMT-4 17:07

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年7月31日 GMT-4 17:07
So it seems to me that the the normal of the "conserved flux" as defined by the COMSOL manual is the same on both sides of a boundary for the two PDEs.

Therefore by appropriate scaling of the coefficients of the two PDEs, I can set the boundary condition that I desire.

Marcin
So it seems to me that the the normal of the "conserved flux" as defined by the COMSOL manual is the same on both sides of a boundary for the two PDEs. Therefore by appropriate scaling of the coefficients of the two PDEs, I can set the boundary condition that I desire. Marcin

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.