Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Need help on COMSOL - Transmittance/Transmission

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

Recently, I am working on a simulation to find the transmittance. It's a multi-layer structure in millimeter scale. I wonder which comsol module we need to use; wave optics or ray optics or RF?
I appreciate your help and time.

Thank you

Yang

1 Reply Last Post 2017年8月3日 GMT-4 19:30

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年8月3日 GMT-4 19:30
more information:

The multi-layer structure is in millimeter scale but the wavelength I am using is in nano-meter.
The layers are just glass and air.
The transmittance (abs(ewfd.s21)) I got after compute is 0 transmittance and the electric field difference just occur on the top with a very very thin layer (the rest are the same valve).

I also tried to follow an example "Fresnel Equations" to build the model and test. Same problem happened. I wonder if the scale difference between the model structure and wavelength is the reason causing the problem.

Anyone has similar experience? Or, does someone know about the transmittance on multi-layer structure?

Thanks again.

Yang
more information: The multi-layer structure is in millimeter scale but the wavelength I am using is in nano-meter. The layers are just glass and air. The transmittance (abs(ewfd.s21)) I got after compute is 0 transmittance and the electric field difference just occur on the top with a very very thin layer (the rest are the same valve). I also tried to follow an example "Fresnel Equations" to build the model and test. Same problem happened. I wonder if the scale difference between the model structure and wavelength is the reason causing the problem. Anyone has similar experience? Or, does someone know about the transmittance on multi-layer structure? Thanks again. Yang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.