Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Circular variable dependency

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I have an issue in defining the boundary condition. This boundary condition depends on a variable. The amount of this variable depends on the amount of the boundary condition.

COMSOL gives the following error: "Circular variable dependency detected".

Here is more information:
I am simulating moisture and heat transfer in porous media. To calculate the sensible heat flux at the boundary, I need to know the amount of sensible heat flux first to obtain the stability correction factor (Monin_Obukhov's parameter), and then using that parameter to obtain the corrected sensible heat flux at the boundary.

here is what I need to do:
1 - assume a value for stability correction factor
2- calculate the sensible heat flux
3- update the stability correction factor
this iterative procedure continues until the solution for sensible heat flux converged.

Any idea that how I should implement this in COMSOL.

By the way, apparently there is a discussion in COMSOL (i.e., Solution Number: 1215), but I do not have access to the COMSOL support.

Thanks,

0 Replies Last Post 2017年8月15日 GMT-4 14:08
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Alireza Talebi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.