Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Cyclic symmetry with LiveLink MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear, all

Hi, I'm trying to extract the result from structural frequency response with MATLAB.
The model I used is a quarter of PMSM stator, and I applied the cyclic symmetry condition in the solid mechanics physics.

I need the displacement, velocity or acceleration on the surface of the full stator model because the following step will be the acoustic analysis with BEM.

Although it can be visualized with sector 3D feature, however, I don't get how it be extracted with LiveLink MATLAB for full model.

Is anyone can give tips or help?

1 Reply Last Post 2017年9月1日 GMT-4 07:57
Lars Gregersen COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年9月1日 GMT-4 07:57
Hi Minsik

Perhaps this will help:
Create a cutplane dataset (cpl1) that uses the section dataset as source.

Use mphinterp to retrieve the data you need using cpl1 as dataset source. Use the variables cpl1x and cpl1y to get the coordinates.

You can also use pd=mphplot(... to get the data that makes up a plot if you already have a plot that shows the data you want.

--
Lars Gregersen
Comsol Denmark
Hi Minsik Perhaps this will help: Create a cutplane dataset (cpl1) that uses the section dataset as source. Use mphinterp to retrieve the data you need using cpl1 as dataset source. Use the variables cpl1x and cpl1y to get the coordinates. You can also use pd=mphplot(... to get the data that makes up a plot if you already have a plot that shows the data you want. -- Lars Gregersen Comsol Denmark

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.