Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling of two reactions with Mathematics and PDEs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I am working on a model to simulate the hydration of MgCl2.2H2O to MgCl2.6H2O, with an intermidiate reaction MgCl2.2H2O -> MgCl2.4H2O.

In order to do it I use PDEs to calculate the water Mass balance (c) , the Temperature of air (Tair) and the Advancement of the reactions (X2->4 and X4->6 respectively ).

The kinetics of the reaction require a vapor pressure term , pv which i have defined as variable : pv_24=C_24*R*Tair and pv_46=C_46*R*Tair respectively for each reaction.

I use a segregated solver to calculate it but my problem is that I don't know how to make the simulation do the following :

To calculate the pv_24, then calculate the X_24, and after the C_24.
Then calculate in the same time step the pv_46 which will lead to an X_46 and after a C_46.
After all these in the same time step (in each spacial domain) to calculate the Tair.

If I have understood correctly, Comsol, calculates the variables first, and then all the PDEs.

Please I am relying on your help.

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年9月1日 GMT-4 13:27
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gerasimos Paraskevas

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.