Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Simulating displacement with variable magnetic force

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am modelling the mechanical behaviour of a magnetically steerable catheter. I should be able to implement a variable force, which varies according to orientation and position of the permanent magnet in an external magnetic field.
I implemented a model using the Solid Mechanics, the magnetic fields - no currents and moving mesh module.
The obtained results are correct regarding displacement direction, however the simulated magnitude is way too small. As I checked all material properties it should not be a problem of parameters.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I'm open for alternative implementation methods.

Thanks
Michael

0 Replies Last Post 2017年9月7日 GMT-4 10:39
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Michael Mattmann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.