Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Fluid Structure Interaction with Two Phase Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everybody,

I am working on a simulation trying to reproduce the flow of two fluids( gas and liquid) flowing on a silicone membrane which gets deformed due to the fluid flow.

I saw the tutorial about FSI here linked (https://www.comsol.it/model/fluid-structure-interaction-361) where is simulated the flow of only one fluid. I have problems to simulate the same physic with two different fluids. I tried to couple FSI and Two phase flow, phase field but it didn't work.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post 2017年10月23日 GMT-4 08:02
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marila De Carlo

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年10月23日 GMT-4 08:02

hello Marila De Carlo,

i am looking for laminar two phase flow and solid mechancis coupling, do u have any idea how to do that. when i run two studies independently in two diferent studies that work but when i run them in single study only two phase flow physics works.

thank u Ateeq

hello Marila De Carlo, i am looking for laminar two phase flow and solid mechancis coupling, do u have any idea how to do that. when i run two studies independently in two diferent studies that work but when i run them in single study only two phase flow physics works. thank u Ateeq

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.