Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Polymer thermal stress analysis, error: Out of memory during assembly

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have confronted a problem when I wanted to simulate the polymer cooling process with "thermal stress" simulation. The Error showed: Out of memory during assembly. I noticed that the comsuming RAM was increasing quite fast when the simulation starts, then the RAM memory is not enough. I noticed that when I just simulate the thermal process, everthing was good. Only when coupling with the Solid Mechanics study, the problem happened. Could anyone give me some suggestions about the reason? I would assume it to be BC setting or multiphysics coupling. I would attacht the model here as well. Thanks!

1 Reply Last Post 2017年9月15日 GMT-4 08:33

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年9月15日 GMT-4 08:33

Hi Sijie,

I would advise you to ask your question at support@comsol.com. For now I can tell you that there are a lot of issues with that model:

-It is 24 MDOF! -At least two symmetries can be employed, but probably it is actually 2D. -If it is 3D, swept mesh is better. -No constraints on Solid Mechanics => singular. -The last branch of the viscoelastic model is probably unnecessary, given the long relaxation time compared to the analysis time.

Regards,

Yara Soares

Hi Sijie, I would advise you to ask your question at support@comsol.com. For now I can tell you that there are a lot of issues with that model: -It is 24 MDOF! -At least two symmetries can be employed, but probably it is actually 2D. -If it is 3D, swept mesh is better. -No constraints on Solid Mechanics => singular. -The last branch of the viscoelastic model is probably unnecessary, given the long relaxation time compared to the analysis time. Regards, Yara Soares

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.