Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Help !!! boundary layer meshing for natural convection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi

I am trying to model four stacking fruit in a polystrene box. I know there are radiation and natural convection happen and I have done the experiemnt. I just want to creat a model to explain it. however, I cannot make the natural covnection work in my model. I don't know why I couldn't mesh the boudnary layer, and there for comsol result could not converge. could you please help me.

Great thanks

Ramsay

1 Reply Last Post 2017年9月21日 GMT-4 17:58

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年9月21日 GMT-4 17:58

Ramsay, You need to provide point pressure constraint for flow field to converge. Secondly, activate gravity factor for taking care of flow occurs due to bouyancy.

Ramsay, You need to provide point pressure constraint for flow field to converge. Secondly, activate gravity factor for taking care of flow occurs due to bouyancy.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.