Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Frequency response of a multibody model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I've made a multibody model - actually it is a double pendulum, with a spring attached between the two 'free' ends These two free ends are constrained to motion in one direction only; excited by a harmonic predescribed displacement of one of the ends. I would like to get the frequency response of the opposite free end, when the other is excited with this predescribed displacement (and not a force).

I'm not familiar with the theory of multibody dynamics, and therefor not sure about if what I want to achieve actually can be achieved. Specifically I've defined a Rigid Connector to the excitation point, specifying the harmonic displacement - and right-clicking the rigid connector node, choose Harmonic Pertubation and specifying the maximum displacement. This works fine in a time-dependent analysis. When doing a frequency response analysis though, the displacement of the excited point in the structure is greater than I've specified. Also, the opposite free end of the double pendulum exhibits greater displacements than physically possible, if the pendulum arms are rigid links.

Is the approach I am applying the way to go, or should I do something else? And why do my structure displace more than physically possible?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards David

0 Replies Last Post 2017年9月22日 GMT-4 08:07
COMSOL Moderator

Hello David Hoffmeyer

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.