Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solution Divergence when making Mesh smaller or finer

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have Transient model which consists of Electrostatics , Transport of Diluted Species and Creeping flow modules, when I run the model with big mesh(coase one) COMSOL solves it eazily without any error but when I colve the same model and geometry with finer mesh it becomes divergence. How can I solve this problem?

1 Reply Last Post 2017年9月29日 GMT-4 08:55
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年9月29日 GMT-4 08:55
Updated: 6 years ago 2017年9月29日 GMT-4 09:01

Hi Enrico,

A likely cause is that your initial conditions are inconsistent with your boundary conditions. It can be easier for the software to recover from that with a coarse mesh than with a finer one. If that is not the problem, please post your mph file.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hi Enrico, A likely cause is that your initial conditions are inconsistent with your boundary conditions. It can be easier for the software to recover from that with a coarse mesh than with a finer one. If that is not the problem, please post your mph file. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.