Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Anisotropic diffusion coefficient in cylindrical coordinates (2d model)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I am using a simple 2D model of a ring which couples Darcy's Law and Transport of diluted species and I have a problem with the diffusion coeffient. How could I define an anisotropic (diagonal) diffusion coefficient in cylindrical coordinates in a 2d model (no axisymmetric)? I have already defined a cylindrical system (and I select it in the physics), because I need the radial and circunferential directions for this coefficient but I think that comsol takes x and y directions and I don't get correct results. For example, the results taking an isotropic diffusion coefficient are correct. Can someone help me? I've attached some results of the model. Thank you in advance Best wishes Javier

1 Reply Last Post 2017年10月2日 GMT-4 05:38

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年10月2日 GMT-4 05:38

Hi I am using a simple 2D model of a ring which couples Darcys Law and Transport of diluted species and I have a problem with the diffusion coeffient. How could I define an anisotropic (diagonal) diffusion coefficient in cylindrical coordinates in a 2d model (no axisymmetric)? I have already defined a cylindrical system (and I select it in the physics), because I need the radial and circunferential directions for this coefficient but I think that comsol takes x and y directions and I dont get correct results. For example, the results taking an isotropic diffusion coefficient are correct. Can someone help me? I've attached some results of the model. Thank you in advance Best wishes Javier

Hi I am using a simple 2D model of a ring which couples Darcys Law and Transport of diluted species and I have a problem with the diffusion coeffient. How could I define an anisotropic (diagonal) diffusion coefficient in cylindrical coordinates in a 2d model (no axisymmetric)? I have already defined a cylindrical system (and I select it in the physics), because I need the radial and circunferential directions for this coefficient but I think that comsol takes x and y directions and I dont get correct results. For example, the results taking an isotropic diffusion coefficient are correct. Can someone help me? I've attached some results of the model. Thank you in advance Best wishes Javier

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.