Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Sound wave propagation from piezoelectric element

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I am completely new on COMSOL. I would like to do a 2D simulation, to simulate the propagation of a continuous sound wave (with varying frequency content) through the thickness of a steel plate, using as a first attempt a point as source and as second a finite piezoelectric element with its own properties.

I would like to understand what are the best boundaries to be defined for those configurations? What Physics should I use? How to define the study?

Mattia

0 Replies Last Post 2017年10月3日 GMT-4 11:18
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Mattia Lai

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.