Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Multilayer Reflectivity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, recently I simulated electric field intensity profile inside a multilayer for oblique incidence of lightwaves with wavelengthes of about 1.5 nm. Multilayer is composed of 15 bilayers that each bilayer having a dimnesion of about 3 nm thick and is composed of two materials with differen (n,k) refractive indices, at certain incident angles there will be a standing wave inside the multilayer accoriding to the bragg's law. the model is 2D since we have symmetry. I have used two ports one at the very top where light is generated and one at the very bottom and I have used periodic boundary conditions for the sides of the bilayers acooriding to the snell's law. now i want to introduce a bump on the first bilayer on top. how should i choose the boundary conditions for the sides now? i know that it won't preserve the periodic boundary conditino on the top bilayer anymore. does anyone have an idea on BC for this particular problem? thanks a lot.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年10月12日 GMT-4 10:40
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Arian Arab

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.