Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

General extrusion question

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all, A quick question relating to general extrusion operations. I have an axisymmetric object (a sort of distorted spheroid, with no simple analytic form). I want to map a variable at the boundary to all points in the interior that are at the same z-value, regardless of their r-value (so the variable is a function of z only, not r, inside the object). If I simply leave the 'r' field in the destination map blank, I get an error message. Any ideas? Am I even using the right operation? Many thanks Peter.

0 Replies Last Post 2017年10月15日 GMT-4 19:42
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Peter Ireland

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.