Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Failed to find consistent initial values. Last time step is not converged

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to model a superconducting magnetic bearing with a magnet placed on top of a High Temperature Superconductor. I have two physics in my model, the Stationary MF module for describing the magnetic field due to the magnet and the Transient General PDE to describe the E-J characteristics of the superconductor and compute the magnetic field inside the superconductor.

In my study, I have created 2 steps. The first step only solves for the stationary magnetic field due to the magnet and the second step then solves for the magnetic field inside the superconductor due to the magnet using the magnetic field calculated in the first step.

However whenever I try to compute the solution it shows up the error that it has failed to find consistent intial values. Last time step is not converged.

I am unable to find out why this is happening and was wondering if anyone here could help out.

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2017年10月21日 GMT-4 09:28
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shreyam Natani

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.