Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Import old version file into 5.3 Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I hope someone more expert than me could help me. I want to open an old file (Comsol 4.2) into Comsol 5.3 but some physics such as (Two phase laminar flow) are changed and so the program give me a "warning". I want to use the new interface. There is a simply way to do this or I have to remake it in new comsol?

2 Replies Last Post 2017年11月2日 GMT-4 08:31

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年11月2日 GMT-4 07:35

Hi,

if you have other versions in between 4.2 and 5.3 installed then do a leapfrog and move on from version to version. Otherwise you can export your 4.2 model into java code and then edit the code until it works. This way you may not need to build the whole thing again. However, it might be the fastest way to just build a new model in 5.3.

Best, Tobias

Hi, if you have other versions in between 4.2 and 5.3 installed then do a leapfrog and move on from version to version. Otherwise you can export your 4.2 model into java code and then edit the code until it works. This way you may not need to build the whole thing again. However, it might be the fastest way to just build a new model in 5.3. Best, Tobias

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年11月2日 GMT-4 08:31

Thanks. When I open the file in 5.3 it works. The problem is that I want replace the old phisics (Two phase flow) with the new. When I try do rebuild model it doesnt't work. Specially when I introduce velocity condition becouse under gravity water collapse! Before it worken in 5.3 no. Why? You have some idea? Please help me :(

Thanks. When I open the file in 5.3 it works. The problem is that I want replace the old phisics (Two phase flow) with the new. When I try do rebuild model it doesnt't work. Specially when I introduce velocity condition becouse under gravity water collapse! Before it worken in 5.3 no. Why? You have some idea? Please help me :(

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.