Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can CFD model be used to mix two miscible fluids?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I just wanted to know if it's possible to mix two miscible fluids like Ethanol and Water with a high velocity injection? I just don't seem to be able to figure it out since I have been getting convergence and singularity errors all the time.
Another question I have is if it is possible to mix the same two fluids like Ethanol and Water with orbital motion at a high speed. I seem to get the same errors. I have uploaded the two files. Pls any help is appreciated.
Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2017年12月14日 GMT-5 17:35
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年12月14日 GMT-5 08:40

COMSOL offers a product called the Mixer Module, which is an optional add-on to the CFD Module. You can read more about it here:

https://www.comsol.com/mixer-module

You can check whether the Mixer Module is included on your license by going to File > Licensed and Used Products.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
COMSOL offers a product called the Mixer Module, which is an optional add-on to the CFD Module. You can read more about it here: https://www.comsol.com/mixer-module You can check whether the Mixer Module is included on your license by going to File > Licensed and Used Products. Best, Jeff

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年12月14日 GMT-5 11:36

So there is no other way to mix miscible fluids like Ethanol and Water? Even with Phase Set method of normal CFD Module? I don't have the mixer module

So there is no other way to mix miscible fluids like Ethanol and Water? Even with Phase Set method of normal CFD Module? I don't have the mixer module

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年12月14日 GMT-5 17:35
Updated: 6 years ago 2017年12月14日 GMT-5 17:47

It's almost always possible to implement on your own features that are otherwise found in an existing product, but it rarely makes sense to do so (Depends on the features, of course), but certainly you can try.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
It's almost always possible to implement on your own features that are otherwise found in an existing product, but it rarely makes sense to do so (Depends on the features, of course), but certainly you can try. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.