Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Distributed current source

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all, I am trying to import a current density file and use it as a current source. I couldn't find any place to add distributed current source and also I couldn't find any documentation about it. Can someone please tell me where to do so? Thanks in advance, Gulsah

1 Reply Last Post 2017年12月15日 GMT-5 17:21
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 6 years ago 2017年12月15日 GMT-5 17:21

Hello Gulsah,

I am assuming you are using the Electric Currents interface. If so, use the Normal Current Density boundary condition and have it call an interpolation function pointing to your data.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Gulsah, I am assuming you are using the Electric Currents interface. If so, use the Normal Current Density boundary condition and have it call an interpolation function pointing to your data. Best, Jeff

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.