Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Pressure plot

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm new to COMSOL. I'm trying to get a plot of the pressure distribution on a cut-plane of a cube. I have applied a boundary load of 4 MPa to the upper surface of the cube and fixed constraint to the bottom surface of the cube. Now, as a check, when plotting solid.pm at the upper surface, the pressure is not uniform and is around 3MPa at the centre. So, I think I'm not plotting the right function as I specifically told the program to apply a uniform pressure of 4MPa at the surface. What expression should I put to plot the pressure and how can I make it appear in the available plot list? I've tried also solid.pm and solid.cp, which are the only expressions available in the list, but they too give a wrong result. I've tried adding the pressure as a variable in the definitions, so that it should appear in the list of available plots in the result, but I don't know what to insert in the Expression space in Variables node. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks, Leonardo.

0 Replies Last Post 2018年1月24日 GMT+8 21:09
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Leonardo Ranasinghe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.