Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

[comsol 3.5a]double loop prametric analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to all
I am modeling with 3 module, structural, ALE and Electrostatic in 2D dimensions. I have two blocks, a fixed plate and a mass that are parallel each other. Using a parametric analysis i move the mass and in relationship with the movement i calculate the capacity variation between mass and plate.

Now i would make the same analysis that i explained up, but in addition i would change the orientation of the fixed plate, making rotation around its centre of mass. Is it possible to develop a model that make this analysis in automatic way?

This program should at first rotate the fixed plate of 3° ,second calculate the capacity variation in relationship with the mass movement, when it ends this process it should start again with another angle. I would avoid to change the geometry every time if is possible.

Thank you in advance
bye
Luca

1 Reply Last Post 2009年11月14日 GMT-5 04:41
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009年11月14日 GMT-5 04:41
Hi

Well a first, but complicated idea: what about adding some structural physics, fix the rotation centre point and force the plate to rotate by either a enforced position = easiest, or a force against a spring to create a moment. You then solve first the simple structural case, and then the ACDC case with the segregated solver

But there must be easier ways with parametrised geometries, in scrip, if you model is simple you can do it

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Well a first, but complicated idea: what about adding some structural physics, fix the rotation centre point and force the plate to rotate by either a enforced position = easiest, or a force against a spring to create a moment. You then solve first the simple structural case, and then the ACDC case with the segregated solver But there must be easier ways with parametrised geometries, in scrip, if you model is simple you can do it Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.