Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Graphics window problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am working on a turbulent flow simulation. It is a classic 3D simulation of a simple wing in a flow. My problem is about results views. After computing my study, when I click on velocity results, I can see slice, I can make streamlines.... but my geometry in the graphics window is in "wireframe". It is transparent and I can't change any classic setting like transparency, wireframe rendering... This bothers me a lot because some streamlines are difficult to understand if I take a snapshot of the result because of the transparency. Why can't I have views with "hide for geometry" attribute... like I have when I'm working on my geometry ?

As attached file I took a screenshot of my problem.

Thank you. Best regard,

Steve

2 Replies Last Post 2018年3月12日 GMT-4 09:23
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年3月12日 GMT-4 03:20

it sounds as if you want to combine e.g. streamlines and plots of the geometry. If you create a plot group and add a streamline plot to it, then what you will see by default will be a plot of the data set edges (there's a check box that controls them in the plot group's settings) and the streamlines. If you also want to see the geometry, then you can add a surface plot to the plot group. You probably only want to see a subset of the surfaces as you otherwise wouldn't be able to see the streamlines. You can achieve this by adding a selection subnode to the surface plot.

Contact COMSOL support if this doesn't answer your questions.

it sounds as if you want to combine e.g. streamlines and plots of the geometry. If you create a plot group and add a streamline plot to it, then what you will see by default will be a plot of the data set edges (there's a check box that controls them in the plot group's settings) and the streamlines. If you also want to see the geometry, then you can add a surface plot to the plot group. You probably only want to see a subset of the surfaces as you otherwise wouldn't be able to see the streamlines. You can achieve this by adding a selection subnode to the surface plot. Contact COMSOL support if this doesn't answer your questions.

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年3月12日 GMT-4 09:23
Updated: 6 years ago 2018年3月12日 GMT-4 09:24

Thank you Gunnar.

You were right, I've resolved my problem using 'plot surface' !

Best regard,

Steve

Thank you Gunnar. You were right, I've resolved my problem using 'plot surface' ! Best regard, Steve

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.