Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use data from a magnetic map file as initial magnetic field

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I try to import a magnetic field from a map , and then use it as an initial magnetic field, and see how it is modified by adding new elements, such as coils.

For this I use "Interpolation" (in definition) to get the componant Bx, By Bz from my file depending of the position.

Then in "MagneticField"->"Background Field", I solve for reduce field, and give as background magnetic flux density Bb the componant Bx, By, Bz from my interpolation.

I also declare a "Magnetic Potential" at the edges of my geometry.

I tried with a very simple 3D map, where Bx(x,y,z) = By(x,y,z) = 0 and Bz(x,y,z) = z * 1(T/m) ,

For the solution, I plot the componant normB from my interpolation, which gives me exactly what i am waiting for, but when I plot the componant from the solution "mf.normB", I get something different, and I don't understand why, so I request your help !

I am using COMSOL v5.2a

I join you the model fieldfrom_map3D.mph and the simple map field simple_map.dat

0 Replies Last Post 2018年3月16日 GMT+8 00:53
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Thomas Lefort

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.