Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

"Add Physics" window not showing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

Today I created a new Comsol study, beginning with just "laminar flow" as Physics. When I wanted to add a "heat transfer" Physics, I right clicked on "component 1", then selected "Add Physics". The "Add Physics" window did not open. Even after closing and reopening the mph-file, I could not get the "Add Physics" window to open. The Comsol version is 5.3. Does anyone know the probable cause or a solution?

2 Replies Last Post 2018年4月16日 GMT-4 05:38
Thure Ralfs COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年4月16日 GMT-4 05:16

Maybe the frames have been relocated and thus not visible. From the Home tab/ribbon you can select "Reset Desktop" and then try again.

Maybe the frames have been relocated and thus not visible. From the Home tab/ribbon you can select "Reset Desktop" and then try again.

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年4月16日 GMT-4 05:38

I have tried that; the "Add Physics" window does not show up. I have also tried to make all the windows floating, and I have moved them around to see if the "Add Physics" window was hidden behind one of the docked window. It was not; there simply was no visible "Add Physics" window.

I have tried that; the "Add Physics" window does not show up. I have also tried to make all the windows floating, and I have moved them around to see if the "Add Physics" window was hidden behind one of the docked window. It was not; there simply was no visible "Add Physics" window.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.