Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extrude with different values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello all,

I want to extrude a curve with different values. I mean I want to make some parts of the curve thicker and some parts thinner. How can I do it with extrude operator? I've attached 2 pictures. Could you please help me.

Kind regards

4 Replies Last Post 2018年5月8日 GMT-4 07:51
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月2日 GMT-4 13:39

You could try to extrude a curve based on the thickness profile from perpendicular plane and then apply partition, delete or logical operations.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
You could try to extrude a curve based on the thickness profile from perpendicular plane and then apply partition, delete or logical operations. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月2日 GMT-4 14:01

Dear Edgar,

Could you please explain more?

Kind regards

Dear Edgar, Could you please explain more? Kind regards

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月6日 GMT-4 06:49

Hello Shaghayegh, you can import such a spline from a 3d-CAD-Programm. It's easy to build a spline with the loft-function (see attached example).

Kind regards Benno from Munich

Hello Shaghayegh, you can import such a spline from a 3d-CAD-Programm. It's easy to build a spline with the loft-function (see attached example). Kind regards Benno from Munich

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年5月8日 GMT-4 07:51

Hi Benno,

Great! thanks a lot.

Best regards, Shaghayegh

Hi Benno, Great! thanks a lot. Best regards, Shaghayegh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.