Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Expression dialog box problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello COMSOL community,

Recently, my COMSOL Desktop 5.3a has some problems with the input into the expression dialog box. When I type some contents, e.g. a number into the Parameters->Expression, the contents will disappear if I click the mouse on the other box or use the Tab key on the keyboard to move to the other box. I have to use the Enter key to keep the content, which has been annoying me a lot recently.

I uninstalled the COMSOL Desktop and reinstalled it several times, but the problem is still there. I even tried 5.3 vernon, but still encountered the same problem. I am not sure it's because of the window system or COMSOL. However, in other sofewares, there are no the problems.

Did anyone meet the same problem before? any solution?

Thanks.

3 Replies Last Post 2018年7月23日 GMT-4 21:03
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Dragon Li

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月23日 GMT-4 10:09

I have the same problem.

Were you able to fix it?

I have the same problem. Were you able to fix it?

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月23日 GMT-4 10:24

Hi,

take a look at this:

https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1248/

Kind regards, Shaghayegh

Hi, take a look at this: https://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/1248/ Kind regards, Shaghayegh

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月23日 GMT-4 21:03

Hi Ali,

Shaghayegh provided the ture answer to solve this issue. I just found it several days ago.

Hi Ali, Shaghayegh provided the ture answer to solve this issue. I just found it several days ago.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.